To help our customers get a better understanding about what is involved in the pool resurfacing procedure we offer the following step-by-step rundown with pictures to illustrate. (Average size pool takes 5 days to complete.)
Draining a Pool
|Bond Coat Applied|
ACID WASHING -VS- WATER WASHING - Which is Better?
- Material is allowed to set up (harden) and then pool surface is washed down with hose and brushed to expose aggregate. It is very important that new pool surface is water washed as opposed to acid washed. It is slightly more work for us but we will provide our customers with a much better finish - no streaking. To summarize: Acid Washing Streaks - Water Washing doesn't
Preparing to Wash Down
Wash Down of Surface
- Excess water is pumped out of the pool. Main drain plug and new drain grate are installed and pool is now ready to be refilled.
- Hose is left in pool to fill.
Day Three & Four
- Pool will fill (depending on pool size and water pressure, filling time can vary from 1-2 days).
- Pool is now filled and ready for chemicals.
- All power (electrical) is turned back on (breakers on) and timer is reset.
- All necessary initial start up chemicals are added to the pool.
- Any clean up of job site is done at this time (i.e. cleaning of tile, etc.).